Anal?

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
curiouskitten
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm learning Japanese and Korean
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Panromantic&heteroflexible, submissive/masochistic

Anal?

Unread post by curiouskitten »

So I feel a bit weird talking about this so openly, but since this is a safe and anonymous place to talk, I'm looking for answers.

I'm interested in experimenting with anal, but there's a few things I don't know. Do you have to somehow clean out the anal canal first? How would one do that? If natural vaginal lubrication or saliva ended up in the anal canal, would it cause any problems? How can I tell the difference between "this kinda hurts but in an ok way" and "this hurts because something isn't right"? And, if I end up liking it, how can I buy a butt plug without my parents finding out, or do I have to wait until I'm 18 for that?

Sorry for the tmi questions, and thanks in advance!
(◕‿◕)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Anal?

Unread post by Heather »

It's not TMI, don't worry about it! Just because you're asking about your butt doesn't somehow make this shameful. Butts, genitals, mouths, toes, elbows: all just body parts, all equally weird and not-weird. :)

Here you are:
1) No, you don't have to do an enema or anything like that. For sure, the anal canal will sometimes have trace amounts of fecal matter in it. That's typical, and it's also okay. Ideally, you'll be using condoms for safety regardless, and with the amount of lube used to make anal play safe and feel good, those traces tend to easily blend into the woodwork, if you catch my drift. Plus, this is what body part that is, so finding teeny bits of stuff that's all about what that part is for shouldn't be a big deal for anyone with the maturity to be engaging in sex with that body part, you know?

2) There's nothing wrong with salvia or vaginal lubrication being around or in the anus or rectum, no.

3) It just really shouldn't hurt, period, just like vaginal intercourse shouldn't. Like other kinds of sex, you may find that you have moments of discomfort where you realize you need to make a position adjustment, add more lube or slow something down. But ultimately, anal entry shouldn't hurt. When people feel comfortable with it, ARE VERY GRADUAL with entry, only going further in (whether that be with a toy, fingers, or a penis) in tiny bits, and waiting to push further in until they feel a bit of a pull in (much like with vaginal entry, but sometimes even more distinctly), are using PLENTY of lube from the start, and adding more as needed, and communicate together to sort out how much pushing, what speed, what depth and what angles feel good, it isn't likely to hurt.

4) You do have to be 18 to buy toys, alas.

How does all that leave you feeling?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
curiouskitten
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm learning Japanese and Korean
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Panromantic&heteroflexible, submissive/masochistic

Re: Anal?

Unread post by curiouskitten »

Much better, thanks! :)
(◕‿◕)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic