Infection in vaginal canal?

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
sonatine6728
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I am very responsible
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Infection in vaginal canal?

Unread post by sonatine6728 »

So when I go to check my Paraguard strings, I insert my middle finger in to my vagina and locate the strings, then when I pull my finger out there are very small pieces of off white/cream tissue? They are small and a little clumpy. I have no typical yeast infection discharge, and when I went for my 1 month checkup at the gynecologist she said everything was normal and in order, I had been noticing this substance on my finger even before I went to the gynecologist. Is it just tissue you from my vaginal wall? Or do you think I may have an infection?
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: Infection in vaginal canal?

Unread post by Siân »

hi sonatine,
This sounds like thick vaginal discharge from what you're describing. Vaginal discharge changes can vary in colour and consistency, and can sometimes be quite thick and white/cream, kind of like paste and that's nothing to worry about. If, however, it's more chunky that can be a sign of infection. We've got more info in this article here: Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions. Do you have any itching/discomfort/burning?
sonatine6728
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I am very responsible
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by sonatine6728 »

It has very tiny chunks, very unlike the cottage cheese chunks described in the article. there is no bad smell or itching at any time.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi sonatine,

If there's no pain, irritation, or bad smell, then it's likely that this is just a normal variation in your discharge. Depending on how often you pay attention or notice your discharge, this could be a common type of discharge for you that you're just noticing now. However, if you notice those other symptoms developing, then it's time to check in with a healthcare provider.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic