I just can't insert my menstrual cup + long inner labia

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
stlee0329
Awesomeness Quotient: I have confidence in myself:)
Primary language: English and korean
Pronouns: just by my nickname
Sexual identity: A proud girl

I just can't insert my menstrual cup + long inner labia

Unread post by stlee0329 »

Hi, I am a 14yr old teen and recently I have bought a cup for my period. I bought the smallest size possible and also trimmed the stem, but I am physically( and mentally ) suffering over the fact that it just doesn't work. Whenever I try inserting the cup it hurts (it doesn't hurt at all with my finger, it goes all the way about 6cm). I can just pretend it doesn't hurt and try to squish it in but it refuses to stay in. Somehow the cup tries to slide out even before it goes in, and I feel pushing a balloon inside a cup.
I tried inserting 4-5 times and nothing helps. (not to mention it hurts so much) And while I was suffering with the cup I googled up an atonomy of a female vagina and tried comparing it to mine, and I realized my inner labia seemed to be sticking out, longer than what it's supposed to be. Maybe this is the problem? I really want to use the cup, and I am depressed du to mood changes(period). Any help I can use?
(My cup is the Meluna S classic.)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: I just can't insert my menstrual cup + long inner labia

Unread post by Heather »

Inner labia sticking out are typical. How much they stick out varies, from not at all to a couple inches even. You won't see them being all over the place in diagrams because diagrams intend to show all the parts of the vulva, so usually have inner labia that don't obscure other parts, that's all. Your labia shouldn't be an issue with the cup as you'll just slide them away from the vaginal opening before inserting it.

In terms of the trouble you're having, how do you do with something a bit easier to learn to put in, like a tampon? And what fold patterns are you trying with the cup?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic