spotting

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
rhnoo
Pronouns: she /her

spotting

Unread post by rhnoo »

hello
i don't know if this is the place to post but i've found some helpful answers to my questions in this board before
i'm not asking for a diasnose because i know you cant provide one but i'd like to know if i should worry about my situation (i am already really worried to be honest) or if what i describe is normal in an ovarian cycle?
so i am a girl and i will soon be 18, i don't have any sexual intercouse with direct genital to genital contact (only what you could call "fingering", but i try my best so there isn't any fluid transmitted with the fingers, so i don't know if i should worry about an infection or anything) what I describe happens even when I don't have any "sexual intercourse" too

since i started being somewhat sexually active i've been trying to track my periods, and i've noticed that I spot very, very lighly between my periods. Like I can see a small spot sometime but nothing more, though there seem to be enough blood for my vaginal discharge to be pink-ish
last month it was something like a bit more than one week after my period and it lasted for about 1 week too before going away and then this month i've noticed it about 1 week before my period is suposed to start (didn't had it yet). I don't feel any pain and I might always have had it but I only started to notice it because I started to track my periods, I dont know at all about that. i'm not on any kind of birth control either
i've read a lot of things about spotting between periods online, and i can't say that it always reasured me but i've also been reading that it can be perfectly normal and due to ovulation so ? do you think I should consult or is it normal/due to ovulation ? thank you so much in advance
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: spotting

Unread post by al »

Hi there rhnoo,

Occasional spotting during your cycles is usually nothing to be concerned about - as long as you aren't experiencing other symptoms like pain or lots of bright red blood.
You can read more about what's normal and not normal during menstrual cycles over at On the Rag: A Guide to Menstruation.
If it persists or there are other irregularities that bother you, you can always check in with a healthcare provider.
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic