Natural Lubrication and Some Other Things...

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
lovely2belovely
Awesomeness Quotient: My hair is gorgeous
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Natural Lubrication and Some Other Things...

Unread post by lovely2belovely »

Hey!
I read a little bit on the general site about being too wet and not wet enough etc, but I can't find an answer that really helps me. I had sex for the first time not too long ago so I'm extra curious right now. I was very comfortable with my partner and very aroused, so my body produced plenty of lubrication. I'm not sure if it was too much. He was still able to finish and hasn't complained. Regardless, I'm worried about how much lubrication I produce. (Side note! We were on FaceTime the other night messing around and he told me that he loves how wet I get and that it turns him on. Maybe this is a non issue?) Also, a lot of my friends have talked about how painful sex was, but for me there was minimal pain. My hymen broke a long time ago, so no bleeding was involved. I also use a menstrual cup so maybe the size has something to do with the lack of discomfort? My vagina isn't "loose" but maybe it is? Sorry I'm a bumbler and I talk too much. I'll sum this up for you. Okay so my questions are: Am I getting too wet? and Is it normal for your first time to hurt very little?

Thank you thank you thank you :D
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Natural Lubrication and Some Other Things...

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi lovely2belovely,

Nope, you are not getting too wet. It sounds like you're were very aroused when you had sex, so it makes sense that your body produced a good amount of lubrication. And really, there isn't really a way someone could produce "too much" natural lube because lubrication is going to help, rather than hinder, whatever sexual activity is occurring.

Pain from first intercourse is common, but it's not what's "supposed" to happen. Intercourse, whether it's the first time or the fiftieth time, should not be painful. But because a lot of people are nervous/tense or do not use enough lube during their first time, it ends up being painful (it may be this is what's happening in your friend's case). Does that make sense?

You may also find these two articles informative and helpful right now: My Corona: The Anatomy Formerly Known as the Hymen & the Myths That Surround It
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advic ... _tightness
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic