Do you like ASMR?

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
Ruby S
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I make a mean grilled cheese.
Primary language: English + ASL.
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer!

Do you like ASMR?

Unread post by Ruby S »

I have a question for all of you! Lately I have been experiencing a lot of very physical anxiety which has never happened to me before. Stomach pains, headaches, my heart beating real fast for what seems like forever, easy overstimulation both visually and auditory. Something I've found to help me are those ASMR calming sound apps - i do not like the whispering ASMR's, but my go-to calming combination is rain on a window, a cat purring, and a keyboard typing. Do you like ASMR or do you use sounds/songs to calm you down when you're feeling anxious? :-)
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Do you like ASMR?

Unread post by Mo »

I don't get the tingly feelings that some people experience with ASMR, but there's a lot of overlap between some ASMR media and things I find relaxing when I'm anxious. A friend got me into a youtube channel called peaceful cuisine that has a bunch of videos featuring someone cooking/baking with no talking or music, just very amplified pouring/slicing/cooking type sounds as they make food. I don't know why it's so soothing, but it helps a lot.
thewrit3r
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I’m pretty smart
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: Do you like ASMR?

Unread post by thewrit3r »

I first tried ASMR via YouTube, but like Mo I isn't get the tingling sensation. But I did want to look at it again because I'm always looking for ways to relax :) I know it's not the same but I like listening to white noise every night - it helps me sleep.
"The writer is by nature a dreamer - a conscious dreamer."
-Carson McCullers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic