vaginal lightening

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
muidet
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Ambitious
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual Cisgender Female

vaginal lightening

Unread post by muidet »

i want to try and make my vagina pinker, and a lot of sites say to use lemon and yogurt and honey. are any of these safe to put on my labia?
Iwanthelp
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: idk
Pronouns: she, cis so no real issues if I'm misgendered
Sexual identity: bisexual. turns out biromantic as well so yay

Re: vaginal lightening

Unread post by Iwanthelp »

Not really, sugar on the cooch = grounds for a yeast infection (Basically itchy-hell that makes your labia feel like there's scars on it which turns to "burny-hell" if you try and scratch it, 0/10 not recommended). One of the staff can cover the lightening thing better, almost 7 in the morning over here and my brain is fried.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Muidet,

I second Iwanthelp on the advice to keep things like honey away from that area (lemon juice too, if only because that is going to hurt). Beyond that, there really isn't a way to change the color of your outer genitals. They're one of those body parts that runs the gamut from very dark to quite light. Is there a reason you want to change it?
NATUREGIRL
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: RESPECT OF OTHERS
Primary language: ENGLISH
Pronouns: SHE/HER
Sexual identity: GAY / LEZ

Unread post by NATUREGIRL »

As has been said be very careful what you put on your vulva area, I do not really understand why you want to do this.
TAKE CARE
***** SMOOTH IS BEST *****

***** BE NAKED BE FREE *****

***** ALWAYS RESPECT OTHERS *****

***** 16yo GAY / LEZ GIRL, TAKE CARE EVERYONE XX *****
muidet
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Ambitious
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual Cisgender Female

Unread post by muidet »

i wanna change the colour just for cosmetic reasons, im pinkish but id like to be pinker or full pink/light.. my labia is also kinda big and i wanna fix that too is all, thanks for the help though!
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: They

Unread post by Jacob »

Hi muidet,

I think it's important to remember that our skin has a function so damaging it to change its colour can be really dangerous. Sometimes there are medical procedures or products which a doctor may prescribe for severe scarring, but this is done in the knowledge that there are side-effects (more scarring, infection, organ damage, darkening the skin), so it is still dangerous and not always effective even when supervised by a medical proffessional.

I will say that genitals come in all shapes and sizes and tones. Sometimes we are only shown a specific type and come to assume that's what they 'should' be like.

We have a bunch of articles including some with illustrations and even did a blog series which showed vulva selfies... just to give a broader perspective on how much diversity and beauty there is.

Some Beautiful Illustrations of Vulvas by Betty Dodson - from her book Sex For One
All the blogs in our 'I'll Show You Mine' series - from Wrenna Robertson's photo-book of the same name
Vagzilla! (Or, All Genitals Great and Small) - Heather's Classic romp about epic genitals
Give'em Some Lip: Labia That Clearly Ain't Minor - About Labia Size
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
NATUREGIRL
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: RESPECT OF OTHERS
Primary language: ENGLISH
Pronouns: SHE/HER
Sexual identity: GAY / LEZ

Unread post by NATUREGIRL »

Jacob wrote:Hi muidet,

I think it's important to remember that our skin has a function so damaging it to change its colour can be really dangerous. Sometimes there are medical procedures or products which a doctor may prescribe for severe scarring, but this is done in the knowledge that there are side-effects (more scarring, infection, organ damage, darkening the skin), so it is still dangerous and not always effective even when supervised by a medical proffessional.

I will say that genitals come in all shapes and sizes and tones. Sometimes we are only shown a specific type and come to assume that's what they 'should' be like.

We have a bunch of articles including some with illustrations and even did a blog series which showed vulva selfies... just to give a broader perspective on how much diversity and beauty there is.

Some Beautiful Illustrations of Vulvas by Betty Dodson - from her book Sex For One
All the blogs in our 'I'll Show You Mine' series - from Wrenna Robertson's photo-book of the same name
Vagzilla! (Or, All Genitals Great and Small) - Heather's Classic romp about epic genitals
Give'em Some Lip: Labia That Clearly Ain't Minor - About Labia Size

A very informative post Jacob, Thanks
Take Care, Enjoy Your Weekend
***** SMOOTH IS BEST *****

***** BE NAKED BE FREE *****

***** ALWAYS RESPECT OTHERS *****

***** 16yo GAY / LEZ GIRL, TAKE CARE EVERYONE XX *****
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic