Lower back curve pushes out my tummy

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
busylizzie
not a newbie

Lower back curve pushes out my tummy

Unread post by busylizzie »

Hello, I'm arouns five foot six and weigh about nine stone four, so I'm a healthy weight and relatively slim. However, ive always had a slightly protruding tummy-I used to do lots of Irish dancing which is a very good workout so I wa really fit but my tummy always looked kind of bloated and sticky out. I don't feel bloated though it just looks like this. My lower back is very curved, it curves onwards and I think this pushes my stomach out making it look bloated/pregnant-not a look I want to go for and it's especially frustrating because im not overweight! Has anyone had a similar issue/knows of a way I could resolve this? Would a trip to the doctor or a physio be a good idea? Thanks xx
busylizzie
not a newbie

Re: Lower back curve pushes out my tummy

Unread post by busylizzie »

Apologies for my typos :/
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Lower back curve pushes out my tummy

Unread post by Karyn »

It certainly never hurts to check in with a doctor if there's something you're concerned about, and if you're having any back pain then it would definitely be a good idea. But it sounds to me like this is probably just the way your body is, not something that needs to be fixed but just something to be accepted, like any other part of you.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic