Embarrassing noises

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
Tigger1
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I can sing
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Not sure

Embarrassing noises

Unread post by Tigger1 »

Hi,

I Had sex with a guy and as he was pulling out my vagina made one heck of an embarrassing noise, it was super mortifying. He seemed cool with it and just laughed and said it was fine. This hasn't happened to me before. Is it normal? Why did this happen? Will it keep happening? I feel super embarrassed. Is there a way I can get over my embarrassment so if it does happen again, I will be ok with it rather than feeling the need to apologise to him.
Thanks
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Embarrassing noises

Unread post by Heather »

Hope you've been well, Tigger! :)

It's really hard to know for sure what this was, since bodies making noises during any part of life, most certainly including when they're being squished together with other bodies, is so common and happens in so many different ways.

But one common noise in this situation is just the noise that can happen when a little air has been pushed into the vagina during intercourse, so a little vacuum of sorts happens which, thus, results in a noise with withdrawal of the penis. That's common, not anything to worry about, nor anything to be embarrassed about or to apologize for.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Tigger1
not a newbie

Unread post by Tigger1 »

Hey Heather,

I'm doing better than I was thank you. Everyday gets a little better. Hope your well too?

thanks, that makes sense mainly. He didn't seem to care about it but I was left feeling mortified. So there isn't anything I can do to make it not happen again?! It kinda killed the moment for me, which sucks.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

There really isn't a way to keep it from happening; it is pretty common and is more likely than not just something that will happen from time to time in your sexual life. You might notice on your own that certain positions or actions during sex make it more likely to happen than others but it's not something you can entirely eliminate.
And sex will be like that sometimes! Bodies moving around when things are wet and/or slippery can often mean weird noises or other unglamorous things, and I honestly think those moments can be kind of grounding and helpful as a reminder that sex is not something that's going to be "perfect" and divorced from the realities of our bodies. Hopefully over time this will feel like less of a buzzkill for you if it happens again.
Tigger1
not a newbie

Unread post by Tigger1 »

Thanks Mo,

That makes sense. At least I know now that it's a normal thing that can happen and nothing to worry about. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic