Light period?

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
Rainbow7

Light period?

Unread post by Rainbow7 »

Hello :) I'm an 18 year old girl. I'm really concerned about my body right now. I've had my period since I was 12 and the flow is usually medium, but my last period and the period that I am on right now are unusually light. They both came around the days that they were supposed to and lasted for about 5 days, but the bleeding was very light. As in, not enough to soak the pad in a few hours like it usually does. The cramping was very light too, not very painful and only happening a few days before my periods came. I'm pretty certain that I'm not pregnant because I've looked at your articles and they state that what I do with my boyfriend has no pregnancy risk (we don't have actual intercourse. He does grind naked against me but I always have a pair of cotton panties on, and he ejaculates on my stomach away from my crotch. I'm sorry if that was too much information, just verifying that there is indeed no pregnancy risk.) I also am not having any pregnancy symptoms so pregnancy is most likely ruled out. Is there any other reason why my period might be so light these past two months? Is it normal to have a change in your period sometimes?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Light period?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Rainbow,

Yep, period symptoms and flow can vary from period to period, so having slightly different periods from what you're used to is not cause for concern.
Rainbow7

Unread post by Rainbow7 »

Okay, thank you so much! :)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »