Weird Period

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
constantworry
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Straight

Weird Period

Unread post by constantworry »

Hi Scarleteen,
Recently on the 9th of June I just got my period but I am not sure if it is a period at all.
First off it was brown, lasted 5 days, and there were red spots on the 3rd day. There weren't any period symptoms except light cramping.
My periods usually come on the 25th-1st of every month so I was definitely late.

I just experienced period-like cramps on the 25th of June for a day only, frequent urination, painful nipples under the shower for a day and nauseous for a day also.

I am a virgin but I had done mutual masturbation with my boyfriend during May only.
Was the brown period actually my period? I can't go to a clinic due to my parents (I'm 16)

PS: I have been stressed out abit lately due to relationship problems and exams.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Weird Period

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Constantworry,

It's normal to experience some variation in your period from time to time, both in terms of when it arrives and what symptoms you experience with it. I think you might find these two articles helpful right now: On the Rag: A Guide to Menstruation
Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions

You mention you've been feeling stressed about relationship problems. Can you tell me a little more about that?
constantworry

Sam W wrote:Hi Constantworry,

It's normal to experience some variation in your period from time to time, both in terms of when it arrives and what symptoms you experience with it. I think you might find these two articles helpful right now: On the Rag: A Guide to Menstruation
Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions

You mention you've been feeling stressed about relationship problems. Can you tell me a little more about that?
We recently had more petty fights than usual (verbal of course) but we're still very loving.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Okay, thank you for clarifying that. If you're interested, we have lots of information on communication and relationships on the main Scarleteen page.
constantworry

Sam W wrote:Okay, thank you for clarifying that. If you're interested, we have lots of information on communication and relationships on the main Scarleteen page.
Thanks for the concern! But do you think these symptoms I am experiencing are normal?
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome! I can't really know what symptoms are normal for you and your body, because I'm not you. But, as I mentioned above, it's pretty standard to get a period every now and then that makes you go "what the heck?"
constantworry

I just experienced period-like cramps again and yesterday the inside of my belly button hurts. I have already read the risk thermometer thing about mutual masturbation but I am freaking out right now.

Can someone help please?
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi constantworry,

If you don't think these cramps are attached to your period, then it sounds like it might be time to see a doctor. The pregnancy risk hasn't changed, but if you're having unexplained cramps it's sound to check in with a healthcare provider to see if they determine what's going on.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic