Periods?

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
wildprincess
not a newbie

Periods?

Unread post by wildprincess »

Hello!

Recently in the past 4-5 days I've been getting brown/dark brown/black-ish spotting. I am mid-cycle. I usually have a 33 day cycle and today is the 19th. I usually have brown spotting during my ovulation phases and it is quite normal.

However this time its different as there is not as much egg white cervical mucus and it is more of a stringy consistency. Yesterday I got a spot of bright red blood and thought nothing of it. I thought that it was the height of my fertility and that it was basically just ovulation. Today whilst showering I got another big blob of bright red blood. It was quite in abundance and I'm not so sure what it is.

I'm a little scared that something is wrong.

Furthermore if it is of any relation, I had messed around on Wednesday and a week ago. I engaged in oral/manual sex but our genital areas were never touching each other.

What could this be? Implantation bleeding? Breakthrough bleeding? The start of my period?
wildprincess
not a newbie

Re: Periods?

Unread post by wildprincess »

Also the brown spotting is tacky in consistency. Thanks for your help!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Periods?

Unread post by Heather »

I'd personally advise checking in with a healthcare provider about mid-cycle spotting like that, just to rule out an infection and, if it is an infection, to get treated.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic