Masturbation (again!)

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
TheNiteHawk
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My lust for knowledge will never be satisfied.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Heterosexual Male

Masturbation (again!)

Unread post by TheNiteHawk »

As the title says, I hate to bring this up again, but I needed some input, and so here I am.

I posted a topic to the forums (same sub), called Masturbation Issues, which you can read: http://www.scarleteen.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=684 and thought I came up with a solution here: http://www.scarleteen.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=784.

For the most part, I've had the same issue since October. When I masturbate, it just... doesn't feel as good as I remember it being. Also, I tend to make it to orgasm faster than usual. I recently got off of Zoloft (anti-depressant), for about 2 months now. It didn't affect my sexual response at all, and when I was on it, I felt fine and my masturbation went... well (is that the right word to use)?

I've even taken a break for a week or two between my masturbation sessions, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. In addition, I tried something I hadn't done in some time, which was anal masturbation, and even that really didn't help. I suppose it does feel somewhat better if I have more than my usual 5-6 minutes before my shower to masturbate, but I don't remember it making a huge difference.

I'm wondering if I should go to a Doctor or something to talk to them about it. Only problem is... I'm still under my parents insurance (still living with them before college), and have no idea who my new doctor is (I recently changed Doctors). I told my parents I wanted to chose my doctor but you can see how that went. So much for that. I can't wait to go to college. Anyway, I'm getting off topic. Talking about it with my parents, aside from being debilitatingly awkward, they have a very religious conservative view of sex and sexuality, and I have no idea how I would even bring it up.

Once again, I feel bad for posting this twice, but I need some input.
Enemy to those who make him an enemy; friend to those who have no friends.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Masturbation (again!)

Unread post by Heather »

The thing is, having a range of experience with masturbation and orgasm like this is not a health condition, so I am not sure what you expect a doctor could do here. Human beings will tend to have a range with their experiences with any kind of sex over time, and that is often not because anything is wrong, but because just like with say, eating meals or taking walks, our experiences with any given thing will tend to vary.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
TheNiteHawk
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My lust for knowledge will never be satisfied.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Heterosexual Male

Unread post by TheNiteHawk »

So, I should just go along with it? I figured there was really nothing a doctor could do, but I figured it might be an idea, at least. I guess I'll just go along with it. It might change tomorrow, or next week, or a decade from now, or maybe never. That's what I'll do, then.
Enemy to those who make him an enemy; friend to those who have no friends.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Yep.

What I'd suggest is that you try and let go of frustration around this and instead work on accepting that our experiences with any kind of sex, as well as our sexual responses, simply are not going to be the same for all of life. Instead, they are going to vary, usually quite often.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic