Vagina sizes

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
IAskQuestions2
not a newbie
Sexual identity: Bi

Vagina sizes

Unread post by IAskQuestions2 »

I know I alot of people say vaginas do not vary in size, but I came across this quote from this site. Can anyone explain it?

'The act of inserting something into the vagina is literally what opens it, by pushing the vaginal walls apart. When something is inside the vagina, the vaginal walls surround it, hugging it closely, with a degree of muscular tension that depends on a lot of factors, such as the size of the object, the size of the vagina (vaginas, like penises, come in an array of possible sizes), the woman's general muscular tension, and whether or not there is any other voluntary or involuntary muscular stress or tension going on. Despite the boorish locker-room vision of a "loose" vagina that sort of flops around like an old gunny sack, that's not the way they work in actual physical fact.'

Going on to say that ' Certainly, if the opening to the vagina is narrower, a penis that is inserted into it is likely to be more strongly felt.'
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Vagina sizes

Unread post by Karyn »

I do not believe that anyone here has said that there is absolutely no variation in vaginal size from person to person. There is: otherwise menstrual cups and diaphragms would come in only one size. But the variation really is minimal (we're talking millimeters), and it's affected by so many factors that measuring the "size" of a vagina isn't really possible. And, as we have made clear, the size of anyone's genitals is far from the only factor that affects sexual pleasure and satisfaction.

We have given you a lot of our time and attention, and exhausted really everything we have to say on this particular topic. Heather has also stated explicitly that although you may not agree with what we have said on the issue, we are not willing to engage in further conversation. If you wish to discuss why you are so very concerned about this issue, that is something we can do, but we will not continue to go back and forth with you in the way that we have been as it is simply not productive for anyone.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Locked Previous topicNext topic