Vaginal Discharge

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
Hypochondriac17
not a newbie

Vaginal Discharge

Unread post by Hypochondriac17 »

First of all, let me start by thanking you amazing people for all the information and resources you provide, and the great work you do! :-)

I have a question regarding vaginal discharge. What amount can be considered normal?

Recently, for the past 1- 1.5 months or so, I've been having NOTICEABLY increased vaginal discharge. It is stringy and clear white around ovulation, and In the 2-3 days leading up to a period, it is watery and white and so excessive that I need to change panties! Its never painful or itching and it doesn't even smell foul; Just the amount in general during all times of the cycle seems to have suddenly increased.

What could be some probable causes for this? I went through your article on this; However, other than the amount, no other thing like texture, odour or colour of it has changed, and there's no pain or itching at all. I'm in a monogamous sexual relationship with someone who has been tested for all STDs and infections; So, I'm pretty sure It can't be an infection either.

Is it just random?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Vaginal Discharge

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi hypochondriac,

It may just be variation within your body, and some people do find that they get quite a bit of their discharge from time to time. Of course, if you're curious or concerned about it, the best bet is to talk to a healthcare provider.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic