Normal vagina?

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
kudfc6f5duxc
not a newbie

Normal vagina?

Unread post by kudfc6f5duxc »

Hey guys, I'm sorry If this is a bit graphic but Im looking for reliable information from other users/staff because this is the only website I trust. Just abit of backstory: I currently have health anxiety and I convinced myself I have a pelvic organ prolapse. I know that I have zero of the risk factors - apart from being constipated recently - but I still convince myself I have it. It's difficult for me to see a doctor because my mum thinks I need to see a counsellor not a doctor.

So, the main question: I've recently started having sex (which, I am totally comfortable with and enjoy doing so as I'm in a loving long term relationship) and so I started exploring my body. About 2-3 inches in, I have a large lump on the front vaginal wall, and I can't go past if on one side, but I can on the other. I googled this and it said prolapse, but I know that as a healthy 15 year old this is very unlikely. Do any other of you out there have this, and have any idea what it could be? Thank you guys!!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Normal vagina?

Unread post by Heather »

It is safe to say that someone your age who has not given birth is not going to have a uterine prolapse. That'd be even less likely than you suddenly entering menopause. Google is not a doctor nor a sound way to try and get good health information by entering symptoms. In fact, it is terrible for that.

You've just become sexually active, and that means it's now also time to start getting some sexual healthcare regardless. So, how about you go ahead and make an appointment with a sexual healthcare provider? that way, you can start getting the care you need and ask these questions?

Extra bonus: they can show you things in person, on your own body, we can't. For instance, I'm thinking it's pretty likely that what you're feeling here is either the end of your pubic bone or the ridgy-area on the front vaginal wall that's a combo of the urethral sponge (where the G-spot also lives) and the internal clitoris.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic