implantation bleeding or broken hymen?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
kiiiimibela
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

implantation bleeding or broken hymen?

Unread post by kiiiimibela »

hi, i’m just wondering.. so i had sex on the 22nd of march and i had my period of the 23rd.. i’m pretty sure im not pregnant but im just wondering.. today my boyfriend was fingering me a little bit rougher and then when he pulled out his fingers had blood on it.. could it be implantation bleeding from my last intercourse or my hymen breaking? how do i know if my hymen is broken?
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: implantation bleeding or broken hymen?

Unread post by Mo »

We can't necessarily know exactly what happened here, but it is pretty common for people to experience some vaginal bleeding after a partner's been rough or heavy-handed during manual sex or intercourse. Your vaginal tissue is pretty delicate, and rough treatment can cause very small abrasions or tears in that tissue that could result in bleeding. It isn't necessarily a big deal; I'd just wait until the bleeding stops, plus one additional day, before further sexual activity, and make sure your partner's being gentle, checking his hands for sharp nails or calluses, and using additional lubricant as needed during manual sex in the future. That may be enough to keep this from happening again.

The hymen isn't something that just "breaks" in one moment, but tissue that gradually wears away over time, often by things that aren't related to sex at all. Bleeding also often doesn't happen with that wearing away of the hymen, because it is usually so gradual. Since you've been having had intercourse already, you may already have less tissue around than you once did to get torn or injured during manual sex, but it's still possible. It's just less likely than the bleeding being because of being rough and/or not using enough lube. My advice would be the same as above, in that case. We have more information on the hymen (or vaginal corona) here: My Corona: The Anatomy Formerly Known as the Hymen & the Myths That Surround It.
kiiiimibela
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

Unread post by kiiiimibela »

if it wasnt broken could it have been implantation bleeding although i had an actual intercourse with him 22 - 23 days ago? yeah
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

I don't see any reason to assume that's what it was, based on what you've said here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic