it's hurts when I try to masturbate

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
plantmother
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her

it's hurts when I try to masturbate

Unread post by plantmother »

I'm 14, female and I want start masturbating, but whenever I've tried it just feels painful and burns. I've tried getting my finger inside my vagina, which I can do but it feels like it burns. I've also tried just rubbing and it doesn't feel pleasurable. I have tried looking, and i can see and feel that there is something inside my vagina hole, but it's attached to me and I'm not sure if it's ment to be there or not. My vagina also becomes swollen after I try. I don't know how to fix this so if anyone can help that would be great.
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: it's hurts when I try to masturbate

Unread post by al »

HI there plantmother, and welcome to Scarleteen!

I'm sorry that things have felt painful when you've tried to masturbate before. Usually when folks experience pain when they touch their vulvas or vaginas, it means that the very sensitive skin is irritated, usually because there's too much friction. Whenever someone sexually stimulates those areas, they want to make sure that there's plenty of lubrication, either natural (as in, the fluids that glands in the vagina produce when they feel relaxed and aroused) or synthetic (lubricant that they've gotten from a bottle or packet that we've applied to themselves). If you don't experience that wetness when you masturbate, it may be a sign that you need to take things a little slower and fantasize/stimulate other areas of your body some more.

As for what you're describing inside of your vagina, in all likelihood that's just normal vaginal tissue or even a little bit of leftover tissue called the corona. You might want to read through Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus, and More as it gives a lot more details about these parts and what they might look like. You also might find Going Solo: The Basics of Masturbation helpful, as it also has tips and tricks.

I hope this helps!
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic