relationship

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
unicyu
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: athleticism
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: bi curious

relationship

Unread post by unicyu »

so i have a quick question. my boyfriend and i were doing some sexual stuff like he was sucking on my boobs. I consented to him doing so and i basically told him to. while he was i kinda closed my eyes and half way feel asleep. i dont believe i was unconscious but i was half asleep to the point of snoring. is that some sort of sexual assault but idk i consented to it 1st before i closed my eyes ofc.
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: relationship

Unread post by Siân »

From what you're saying, you started out doing a consensual sexual thing together - great! - but then you started to fall asleep/actually fell asleep and he didn't stop or check in. When you're asleep you're no longer able to consent and so he should stop or the activity stops being consensual - does that make sense to you?
unicyu
not a newbie

Unread post by unicyu »

yea. and he did. when he heard the snore he stopped and looked up and asked what i was doing
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Okay, so it sounds like when he realized you were asleep, he did in fact stop and check in. Did you and he talk at all about what happened after that?

Based on this and your other post, I do want to ask: do you feel like you trust him to respect your boundaries overall in the relationship? Or is there a part of you that feels like you have to be constantly aware or else he'll push past them?
unicyu
not a newbie

Unread post by unicyu »

I mean ever since the incident in the 1st post i've been kinda more aware than usual.And i have another thing which is ig getting my head. i was about to leave his place and i told him about my boundaries where i want him to ask to kiss me and he agreed to it ofc. so we kissed then he kissed me without asking and i asked him why and he said it slipped his mind and he's really sorry. the other times he kissed without me provoking it he asked but that one time he didnt and i understand maybe it was a mistake but idk. was it rly that bad?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Well, how did you experience it?

I ask that because you know him: we don't. You know what the dynamics of your relationship feel like, and we don't. Did it feel to you like he just forgot, or did you feel violated? Do you want to talk with him about how he can better start remembering?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
unicyu
not a newbie

Unread post by unicyu »

i was upset and maybe even felt like that but i dont think he meant it in any harm
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm closing up all these other threads about this except one for now, so we can have a conversation about all of this in one place for ease. The open thread for that is here: http://www.scarleteen.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8670
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Locked Previous topicNext topic