Pill

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
hinata
not a newbie
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she

Pill

Unread post by hinata »

I have been on pill for the past 19days and had sex on 20th day.. I always had the pill at exactly 9pm and twice or thrice between 9:10-9:30..how much am i protected from pregnancy
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: Pill

Unread post by Siân »

hi hinata,

Different brands of pill are different, it's best to check the instructions that came in the packet to see how long you need to take them to be protected.
hinata
not a newbie

Unread post by hinata »

i have been using crisanta tablet.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Here's the patient information from the manufacturer for your brand of pill: https://ciplamed.com/content/information-on-crisanta-0

When the pill becomes fully effective when you first start has a lot to do with when you started it, though, information that isn't included there.

Did you start wither on the first day of your menstrual period, or on or before the first Sunday after it started? If so, given you have been taking your pills very well, then it was probably fully effective (that's 99% protection in one year of perfect use, 91% in one year of typical -- no one can give rates for less than one year, because that data isn't a thing anyone can have given how the pill works and is studied) within one week.

If you did NOT start at either of those times, though, it may not be fully effective until you are into your second pack of p[ills, so in that case, you'll want to use a backup method until next month.

Do know the BEST protection from pregnancy is always two methods, though, so if you want to be the most protected, you'll want to ALWAYS use a backup method with your pill, like condoms, for example.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
hinata
not a newbie

Unread post by hinata »

Thank u for the information. I have started taking the pill from the 6th day of the last period
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

I'm afraid that doesn't actually tell me if you took it on or before the first Sunday after that period started or not. It sounds like you started it AFTER that time, in which case we just can't say how effective your pill will be this cycle, but it is NOT likely to be fully effective until the second pack of pills, given when you started.

Can't do anything about intercourse you have had before now, but from now until you are into your next pack, it would be safest to use a backup method.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
hinata
not a newbie

Unread post by hinata »

I got my period on 6th feb and started the pack from 11th feb for 21days
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

So, you didn't start on day one of a period or by the first Sunday after.

One last time then: you will likely NOT have had the full effectiveness before now, and you may still not have it. So, until you are into your SECOND pack, I would advise using a backup method.
hinata
not a newbie

Unread post by hinata »

Haa... Does implantation bleeding occur 2 days after intercourse?
hinata
not a newbie

Unread post by hinata »

It is my time of period
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Unread post by Jacob »

Hi hinata,

If you are starting your second pack as this is your second cycle then your birth control will likely be working closer to the advertised effectiveness.

That said it is also still worth reading through the instructions to make sure you are taking them correctly, and using condoms as an additional method for increased effectiveness.
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
hinata
not a newbie

Unread post by hinata »

Oh okay.. Thank u...i have a doubt.. Does implantation bleeding occur 2days after the intercourse? That bleeding have been like spotting for 2 days and follwed by light bleeding for a day
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

It's our policy not to engage with pregnancy scares.

But just so you understand how this all works, no. Not only is implantation bleeding rare, and not something that usually happens in the first place, but it takes around a week or more -- if an egg is fertilized and if implantation happens at all -- to get to the stage where implantation even happens.

Here's an in-depth explanation of how human reproduction goes for you so you can know more: Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide.
hinata
not a newbie

Unread post by hinata »

Thank u scarleteen
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

You're welcome! Hang in there. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic