just had sex for the first time

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
jasminec
Pronouns: she/her

just had sex for the first time

Unread post by jasminec »

i just had sex for the first time 2 days ago and ever since then i’ve been really itchy around my neck (kinda looks like an allergic reaction but i’ve been taking medicine so it goes away and then comes back). could this be because of the sex or something else? we used a condom, i’m not really sure if there’s anything else you need to know?
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: just had sex for the first time

Unread post by al »

Hi there jasminec, and welcome to Scarleteen!

We can't really say for sure what's causing the itchiness because we're not doctors, and this is the Internet! Sometimes folks can have allergic reactions to the rubber latex or lubricant in the condom, or it's possible that your skin is just irritated by something else (someone else's sheets, a new soap, general allergies, etc). It's possible that it will go away on its own, but if you're concerned or things get worse, you can always check in with your healthcare provider. A lot of insurance plans even have a "nurse advice line" that you can call to ask questions without having to go in for a doctor's visit.

With that said, how are you feeling about having had sex for the first time? Are you feeling comfortable with the way you and your partner(s) communicated and negotiated risk of things like pregnancy and/or STIs?
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic