Discharge from vagina

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Tania
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Discharge from vagina

Unread post by Tania »

I found white creamy liquid discharged from vagina during masturbation. This has not happened before to me and it came before the orgasm. I doubt whether this is cum because it never happened before to me. My periods are normal and haven't had any intercourse for long time. Is this observation normal or anything to worry about ?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Discharge from vagina

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Tania,

If you're having concerns about what is and is not normal discharge, this article may help you: Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions. This piece may be a useful read as well: Squirt: On Ejaculation.
Tania
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Unread post by Tania »

Hi Sam,
I don't think I have any infections in the vagina as I didn't find the secretions after that. I don't think I had squirted because it came from vagina. Is it possible that the creamy white secretion is due to lubrication as I had been aroused before masturbation?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Vaginal lubrication is generally thin and clear. However, understand that during some parts of the fertility cycle, cervical mucus is very thick and white: that may be what's going on and this just may be the first time you noticed.

If you're not current with your sexual health and you are concerned, or this discharge gets smelly, grayish, or more profuse, you might want to check in with your healthcare provider. Otherwise, it's probably one of a bunch of totally normal things.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic