pain after masturbating?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
jjk
Awesomeness Quotient: my hair
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bi

pain after masturbating?

Unread post by jjk »

i’ve been having like, pain in my lower stomach when i masturbate. also during penetration, my vagina kind of hurts afterwards and i bleed during it? like it’s an uncomfortable burning/itchy feeling and sometimes when i’m just standing around i get pain that almost feels like shocks? i also get clitoral pain after and it sometimes burns to pee and all around just stings for a few days after. i really want to go to the gyno and i just hope this isn’t some horrible disease or disorder or something... any ideas?
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: pain after masturbating?

Unread post by Siân »

Hi jjk,

If you're sexually active, then seeing a gynecologist regularly is a good routine to be in, and they can also rule out any medical issues. We've got more info on what to expect from a gynecology visit here: Your First Gynecologist Visit. Do you have a plan for how to access an appointment?

Some of the pain and burning could be down to not being relaxed and lubricated when you're masturbating or having sex. Lube is always a great thing to have - and use plenty of! - in sex and masturbation and we recommend it a LOT. It isn't a substitute for taking your time to really get turned on and into it before you start with any kind of entry though. Do you spend plenty of time on other activities (including ones that aren't about genitals) first?
ButterflyBaby16
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My personality
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Pansexual

Re: pain after masturbating?

Unread post by ButterflyBaby16 »

Note From Scarleteen: Thanks, ButterflyBaby16, for telling your story and wanting to help. Like it says on the message board main page, this part of the boards is for users who are wanting to talk only with Scarleteen staff and volunteers.

I have vulvadynia and clitodynia, my symptoms started off the way you are describing.. It first it was only after sex or masturbation. Then it started to become more frequent. Currently more days than not I have severe clitoral pain and burning and sharp shooting pains on the inside and opening of my vagina. Definitely talk to your OBGYN. just because I ended up with these disorders doesn't mean you will to but the earlier you catch it the better for you. You'll have more time to find a solution that helps before the symptoms get to frequent or to painful. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask me any questions.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic