Sexual shame

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
armykiki
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My passion for things
Primary language: Japanese and English
Pronouns: She/ her
Sexual identity: Straight

Sexual shame

Unread post by armykiki »

In my family, sex is a silent topic that has never been talked about. My parents constantly slut shame and convince me that sex is dirty and wrong outside marriage, this is because of our religion. I masturbate but I feel so much shame afterwards to the point where I never look at myself in the mirror after... i’m Just really curious about sex .. im 14 and i’m changing a LOT, my breasts are really big and i’m kinda slim which is why my dad kinda looks there sometimes... but anyways i know my mum can see these changes and sometimes catches me looking at guys .. but whenever there’s a situation or conversation about something to do with sex she’ll panic and change the conversation because she has the mindset that i’d Lose my “innocence” ?? I’m not close to my siblings so I rarely tell them anything and they’re grown adults but they’ve told me that their childhood was much harsher so that probably meant that it was a risk to bring up sexuality. Whenever I want to talk about sex with my mum i feel like i’d Be severely punished for thinking about it, it’s a really risky topic to bring up and I never have the confidence to actually talk to her about this because I’m just so scared ..
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Sexual shame

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi armykiki,

Since this is so similar to a previous thread you made and we responded to, I'm going to go ahead and lock this one so we can continue those conversations in the threads you've already started.
Locked Previous topicNext topic