Spotting before period, is it normal?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Lola2018
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Spotting before period, is it normal?

Unread post by Lola2018 »

Hi (before I had pregnancy scares.. this time I don’t think I’m pregnant even thought it might sound like it).
I had sex in my fertile window with a condom.. the condom didn’t break and it didnt leak. I except my period tomorrow, but yesterday I spotted in the morning. Should I be worried ? I read that it might be implantation bleeding.. (I don’t think that’s it because the condom didn’t break). I also read it could be a change in my hormones.
A couple of years ago I spotted ( without having sex).. should I go to a doctor or is it something normal that sometimes happens ?
Robin
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual/queer, in a complicated sort of way

Re: Spotting before period, is it normal?

Unread post by Robin »

Spotting before a period starts is totally normal. Our bodies aren't machines that do things exactly the same way every time. So, it's normal for periods to sometimes be longer or shorter than usual, lighter or heavier than usual, and it's normal for a period to start so slowly that it's basically just spotting.

Hope that helps. :)
Lola2018
not a newbie

Thank you !! I’ll just wait then :)!
Lola2018
not a newbie

Hi sorry.. i started having anxiety again I’ve been worried 29,30,31 and today the 1St. It’s been four days waiting for my period and I’m getting pretty sad and upset. Do you think a pregnancy test is needed (I thought I wasn’t at risk). A visit to the doctor (could the bleeding mean something bad?). Or should I wait, because it’s still normal that i spotted ?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Lola,

As you know we won't engage with pregnancy fears, which is what this is tipping into, so I'd ask you not try to get us to engage with those fears directly or indirectly.

However, as Heather offered in a previous thread, if you would like some resources or direction when it comes to getting help learning to manage your anxiety, we can do that. Additionally, if you want help about how to talk to a partner about something like your anxiety we can help you out with that as well.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic