If your partner put his tongue in your vaginal area can that cause your menstrual cycle?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Katrina1
Awesomeness Quotient: I am very good looking
Primary language: English
Pronouns: No
Sexual identity: None

If your partner put his tongue in your vaginal area can that cause your menstrual cycle?

Unread post by Katrina1 »

My boyfriend put his tongue in my vagina a couple times and I have done the same but its like long after I start bleeding but not real heavy though. I am on the birth control shot and I feel like when I get the shot I dont bleed for a couple days but then i start bleeding but not real heavy and i talked to my doctor once before and he said since the shot isn't fully in my system it's perfectly normal for a woman my age to bleed. So my question is can oral sex make you have your period or is it the birth control shot?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: If your partner put his tongue in your vaginal area can that cause your menstrual cycle?

Unread post by Heather »

No, it cannot. When you get your period is determined many days before you actually do, by the hormones happening through the whole cycle leading up to it.

As your doctor said, spotting with the shot is a very common side effect. This is the likely cause of that spotting.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic