I cant masturbate

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
funnygirl100
Awesomeness Quotient: my jokes
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: female

I cant masturbate

Unread post by funnygirl100 »

Hi I'm a 15 year old girl.
I have trouble masturbating. whenever I get turned on and I try it doesn't give me any pleasure which is frustrating because I'm still horny. If you can please help me.
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: I cant masturbate

Unread post by al »

Hi there funnygirl, and welcome to Scarleteen!

If you haven't found a way of masturbating that feels like it works for you yet, that's okay! Nobody pops out of the womb automatically being comfortable and understanding how their body works. We actually just put out a new article all about this topic: Going Solo: The Basics of Masturbation. You might find it interesting!

As for tips and tricks, one thing that helps a lot of people who are just starting out is to create a quiet time/space that allows them to relax and not feel rushed. It's hard to really get deep into fantasy and sexual pleasure if you feel like your little sister is going to burst in at any moment, or if you're really worried about math homework that you still have to finish. A lot of times, that means dedicating some time during a shower or bath, or just before bedtime to settle into it and try it.
And I do mean try it - even for people who have been masturbating all their lives or are in healthy sexual relationships, sometimes our bodies just aren't up to it. We could be tired, distracted, sleepy, anxious, etc, and our body may not feel like cooperating, or it will only in a certain way, or will get very close to an orgasm but never actually over the edge. That's okay - it's part of living inside of a growing, breathing thing that's constantly adapting and responding to what it's surrounded with.

Another thing that might be helpful is a bit of exploration - if you've only ever tried masturbating in one certain position, or with a particular type of stimulation, it might be useful to try something different! If you're only thinking about a certain situation or person, maybe try fantasizing about something different, or imagining yourself in another scenario that you might find sexy. There's no "right" way to masturbate, and it may take a bit of trial and error to figure out what the best way is for you.

I hope this helps!
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
funnygirl100
Awesomeness Quotient: my jokes
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: female

Re: I cant masturbate

Unread post by funnygirl100 »

Thank you it does I’ll try it out next time I’m alone
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic