Late period & pregnancy

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
pastelplants
Awesomeness Quotient: My personality
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her

Late period & pregnancy

Unread post by pastelplants »

Hello my period is pretty regular — always come either the day I expect it or no more than 5 days late. My cycle is normally 28-32 days but last month is was 39 days! About 9 days late. This month I’m 11 days late if you count my regular 28-32 cycle but if I’m on this new? 40 day cycle then I’m only four days late. Last month I took probably 7 pregnancy tests and all were negative. I’ve taken three already this month and they are all negative. The only form of protection I’m using is condoms (I did have unprotected sex a few times this month so I am very nervous !!! He did pull out every time though but I know that practically means nothing.) I’ve also been VERY VERY VERY stressed and full of anxiety these past two months so I don’t know if that’s why my period is being weird...do yo think I’m pregnant with all these negative tests?? I hope not.
Alice M
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: my boundaries
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bi/pan

Re: Late period & pregnancy

Unread post by Alice M »

Hi pastelplants,

It sounds like you're having a lot of anxiety around pregnancy and also that using condoms and/or withdrawal as your primary methods of birth control are not working well for you.

You can take a pregnancy test 14 days after the risk and/or after your period is late. With a negative test, you can repeat in one week to confirm. Periods can be late for all sorts of reasons, pregnancy and otherwise included: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

I also encourage you to check this out: Birth Control Bingo! and see if you're interested in any other methods of birth control, as well as note the effectiveness rates of each and come back with any questions you might have.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic