The approach... ready or not?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
touchscreen
Pronouns: he

The approach... ready or not?

Unread post by touchscreen »

After the helpful messages in my previous topic about sex (Final paragraph), I´m seeking advice on finding a partner. An emotional relationship with the appropiate partner will make me a better person; also, having someone to share intimate feelings will be healthy phisically and emotionally. Finally, I think it would be awful to spend most of my life alone, without someone that cares about me not only as a friend, but someone who can help to deal with stress and enjoy goals in a romantic way.

Regarding the title, I´m confused if I should take a step further. I haven´t found a girl with the attitude I expect or with interests similar to mine. I would confirm that most of them are not interested in me; I don´t recognize signals such as eye-contact or starting a conversation. I´m usually cold, indifferent and smiling is not easy to me. I have fear too; even with these emotional feelings, I´m also looking for a short-term sexual experience with a possible partner, and I´m troubled that this desire might ruin the relationship; I´m scared that I won´t be pacient enough with my partner, waiting for vaginal, anal sex and fetishes I´m truly obsessed with.

Currently I´m interested in a girl I consider attractive, I like her smell, and the few times I spoke with her she felt secure and I just felt more attracted to her. I don´t care that we don´t have much in common, but I consider this as a special treat because it will help me develop feelings and qualities I naturally don´t have.

May I be confused about emotional and sexual desire? Or I´m ready to try a first date? Are there articles that help me with this issue? e.g. what should I consider before dating, what type of places might be appropiate, how to express her that I would like an intimate relationship, etc. Advice regarding this topic (especially the second paragraph) will be appreciated. Thank you for the useful feedback! My previous topic: http://www.scarleteen.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8198
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: The approach... ready or not?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi touchscreen.

If you're interested in this particular girl, then a next step would be to ask her out or ask her if she returns you're interest. Before you do that, however, it would be sound to clarify for yourself what type of relationship you're interested in having with her. When you say intimate do you mean purely a casual, sexual relationship? A causal relationship that's open to becoming less casual? Something else? Taking a look at these articles may help you get ready for that conversation: Hello, Sailor! How to Build, Board and Navigate a Healthy Relationship , Supermodel: Creating & Nurturing Your Own Best Relationship Models

When you say you see being with her as a chance to develop qualities that don't come easily to you, can you tell me a bit more about that? Too, when you say you worry you won't be able to be patient if a partner wants to go at a slower sexual pace than you, is that worry coming from somewhere specific?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic