Advice?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Amonoka
Pronouns: her

Advice?

Unread post by Amonoka »

Hi, Ive been taking the pill for about 3 months now, on time. I started after my 7 day off again on Sunday I took the pill normally and on my regular time as I also did today Monday, I had unprotected sex with my partner Monday night and he didn’t pull out in time, I can’t take the day after pill as I took it last about 6 months ago and it messed with my hormones big time. Please share your opinion as I am a bit freaked out this is the first time this has happened since I started the contraceptive.

Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Advice?

Unread post by Mo »

From what you've said here, it sounds like you're taking your pill as directed; it's just as effective now as it would be at any time during your pill pack (including the days you don't take an active pill at all). I wouldn't recommend taking emergency contraception even if you were interested in it because there isn't anything it would be doing that your birth control pill isn't doing already, if that makes sense.

If you aren't comfortable having the birth control pill as your only birth control method, we can talk about adding in a second method (condoms are a great choice for this!), or talking to your partner about making sure you're both on the same page in terms of not having him ejaculate in you, but you aren't at a greater risk of pregnancy now than you would be any other time during your pill pack.
Amonoka
Pronouns: her

Unread post by Amonoka »

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

You're quite welcome! :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic