What are the chances of me being pregnant?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
robinzaa
Awesomeness Quotient: my personality
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual

What are the chances of me being pregnant?

Unread post by robinzaa »

I had unprotected sex on November 30th and that same day I went to planned parenthood and took a ECP. On December 2nd I had protected sex with a condom but maybe 4 or 5 minutes in just as he was taking his penis out the condom ripped. He didn't cum and we were just beginning so I don't think there's a point to take another plan b? I'm just a little bit worried because this is the day before my supposed ovulation date but because i took the ECP I could've ovulated earlier or im gonna ovulate later? I'm just worried and confused.
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: What are the chances of me being pregnant?

Unread post by al »

HI robinzaa, and welcome to Scarleteen!

Based on the situation you described, there is very little risk of pregnancy. (You can read more about what constitutes different levels of risk over at Can I Get Pregnant or Pass on An STI From That?.) In addition, the ECP on the 30th interrupted your cycle and most likely delayed your actual ovulation date, because your body is still responding to having been given that ultra-mega-dose of period hormones within the last day or two. In all likelihood you will experience some bleeding and irregularity with your cycle for the next month or so, because everything's sort of been reset.

Also, just as a quick note, we usually recommend to users that they use EC as infrequently as possible if they can help it, simply because it puts stress on the body to constantly be exposed to those high doses of hormones (not to mention, there isn't much research about the long-term effects of frequently using EC). So while it's super helpful to have it when you need it, EC shouldn't be relied upon as a backup method of birth control. Like the name says, it should be used mostly for emergencies.

From what you've said, it seems like you decided to try using condoms and/or using the withdrawal method to try and reduce the risk of pregnancy. Do you have any ideas as to why the condom ripped this last time, or how you might prevent that in the future?
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic