IUD late period anxiety

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Ann1996
Awesomeness Quotient: My faith
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

IUD late period anxiety

Unread post by Ann1996 »

Hi,

I’m very anxious that I could be pregnant. I’ve had the IUD in for 3 months now, and my periods had been coming every 28 days like usual for the past two months. However I am now 4 days late for my period.

I was due on 29/11/18 and it’s now 2/12/18 and I still have no signs of my period coming. On 25/11/12 I had period like cramps begin and tender breasts. On 28/11/18 when I wiped I had tiny flecks of blood, so assumed period was on its way, however this light bleeding has stopped.

On 12/11/2018 (4 days before I was due to ovulate according to my app) I took the Ellaone morning after pill because on 11/11/18 I experienced pain during sex. My partner and I don’t use any other protection than the IUD. I then went to the GP to check my strings on 14/11/18 and the Dr said it all looked fine and didn’t need to use extra protection. I have an ultrasound scan booked on 9/12/18 to check that I don’t have cycsts on my ovaries or anything like that causing pain during sex .

I also took a week long course of penicillin for bacterial tonsillitis beginning on 14/11/18.

I took a pregnancy test on 31/11/18 and 1/12/18 and both showed up as negative, however I’m still concerned as I’ve usually been so regular with my periods.

Do I have anything to worry about or is it just likely that because of the morning after pill and the antibiotics (plus a bit of stress at work) my period is late because of late ovulation?

Hope you can help as I’m very worried about this!
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: IUD late period anxiety

Unread post by Siân »

We will not answer ANY questions about pregnancy fear or anxiety in our direct services from users who are not pregnant or who are not or have not otherwise been directly involved with an actual pregnancy.

Please do not post this kind of question. If you are seeing this text, and your thread is locked, it is because you have posted this kind of question.

We CAN and WILL talk about things like:
• choosing and using a method or methods of contraception for any future sexual activity
• creating your own sexual limits and boundaries based on your needs and/or presenting them to any partners
• making sexual choices that suit your own needs, abilities and limitations, including your own readiness for certain possible risks
• help locating or using emergency contraception if and when you have had a pregnancy risk
• discussing options with a real, existing pregnancy, and help finding and accessing those options, such as abortion services and pre-natal care, or discussing feelings or concerns about a past pregnancy
• help with anxiety like locating mental health services, sound self-help or asking for support from friends or family

For help dealing with a scare (including what poses a risk and your next steps based on your unique situation), you may use our tool on site built for this purpose: The Pregnancy Panic Companion.
For help with anxiety, click here.
For related help and information at Scarleteen, click here.
If you would like more information about this policy, click here.
Locked Previous topicNext topic