Is Implantation Bleeding a real thing?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
notsylvia
Awesomeness Quotient: Kindness
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Is Implantation Bleeding a real thing?

Unread post by notsylvia »

Hi,
I had sexual intercourse, for the first time, two weeks ago, and once last week. Both the times we used condoms. But we didn’t check for any tears in the condoms after taking it off, which I highly regret now.

The used condoms looks okay to me, but some of them had significantly less semen in them as compared to the others, now I am aware that the amount of semen will naturally not remain the same every time he ejaculates, but that’s just something that I noticed.

This week, mid menstrual cycle, I’ve been feeling a little nauseous, and have a light headache too, (I am prone to migraines, especially the hormonal kind) Additionally, I feel some light adominal pain and heart burn too. My migraine attacks are usually always accompanied by these exact symptoms, but today I noticed some “spotting”, it was a dark red in colour, the colour of period blood but it didn’t look like it. I have been secreting a lot of vaginal fluid of late and the tiny amount of blood was mingled in it.

I don’t know what to make of it. I do not always notice all the changes that take place when I ovulate, this time I am. Is it normal to experience this during ovulation it is it a sign of early pregnancy? My period is about two weeks away, I have a long cycle. I read something about implantation bleeding and I’ve been anxious the whole day.

I have anxiety issues, I tend to overthink, and often have difficulty in distinguishing between the possible and impossible.
I’m hoping you’d have an answers for me.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Is Implantation Bleeding a real thing?

Unread post by Heather »

We won't engage with pregnancy scares. Our policy on that follows below.

To answer the question you asked in the title, yes, implantation bleeding is a real thing, it's just uncommon and it also so light it usually goes unnoticed. What isn't usually real are "pregnancy" symptoms from later down the road in a pregnancy happening when a pregnancy would have barely even begun. Parking on Google and searching for symptoms -- trying to use Google like a doctor -- is never a good call, but it's an especially bad one when you're having anxiety. If you want to help yourself be less anxious, I encourage you to put down your electronics unless you're using them for a distraction.

We will not answer ANY questions about pregnancy fear or anxiety in our direct services from users who are not pregnant or who are not or have not otherwise been directly involved with an actual pregnancy.

Please do not post this kind of question. If you are seeing this text, and your thread is locked, it is because you have posted this kind of question.

We CAN and WILL talk about things like:
• choosing and using a method or methods of contraception for any future sexual activity
• creating your own sexual limits and boundaries based on your needs and/or presenting them to any partners
• making sexual choices that suit your own needs, abilities and limitations, including your own readiness for certain possible risks
• help locating or using emergency contraception if and when you have had a pregnancy risk
• discussing options with a real, existing pregnancy, and help finding and accessing those options, such as abortion services and pre-natal care, or discussing feelings or concerns about a past pregnancy
• help with anxiety like locating mental health services, sound self-help or asking for support from friends or family

For help dealing with a scare (including what poses a risk and your next steps based on your unique situation), you may use our tool on site built for this purpose: The Pregnancy Panic Companion.
For help with anxiety, click here.
For related help and information at Scarleteen, click here.
If you would like more information about this policy, click here.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic