Bump on my vagina

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
IAmAnomoly
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Female

Bump on my vagina

Unread post by IAmAnomoly »

I’ve recently had some problems with my private area, I’ve never had any sexual intercourse though. I told my mother about my problem, and she thought it was just a UTI (because when I used to urine it burned) so we got some medication from a pharmacy, but now I see a bump on the outside of my vagina (where my hair grows) and The inside (of my lips) are a bit itchy. I don’t know what I could have. I’ve looked up the symptoms and it could be ANYTHING, I’m so scared. Plus I’ve been masturbating quite a while and I don’t know if that has something to do with it.. but I do not want to go to an doctor. It might lead to them asking if I masturbate and I don’t want my mother to know. Is there anything I can buy from the pharmacy or any home remedies I can do to get rid of it ? Also can you guys guess what I possibly have ? I hope it’s not herpes
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Bump on my vagina

Unread post by Heather »

You're right, it really could be anything -- or more than one thing, like, for instance, an ingrown hair where that lump is and a bacterial or fungal infection where you have the itching -- which is why it's best if you see a healthcare provider. Otherwise, you risk either using something over the counter that makes things worse, or spending a bunch of money and time trying home remedies that do nothing while whatever you have going gets even harder to treat.

Since you can't give yourself infections or other health conditions by masturbating, it's not something healthcare providers usually ask about. Plus, since it's something just about everyone does, a healthcare provider will generally just take it as a given that a patient masturbates. Lastly, with this kind of healthcare, you should be alone in the exam room anyway for your privacy: your mother should not be asked in there. Are you able to make an appointment?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
IAmAnomoly
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Female

Unread post by IAmAnomoly »

I think so, I’ll ask my mom can I make an appointment for tomorrow, thanks.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Sure thing. Hope you feel better soon!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic