My girlfriend is Pregnant. What do I do?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
avavanbu
Awesomeness Quotient: I can sing.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Panromantic Lesbian

My girlfriend is Pregnant. What do I do?

Unread post by avavanbu »

I am a lesbian. My lesbian girlfriend told me yesterday that she was pregnant. We are both females. I know for a fact that she cheated on me (just by using common sense). But the hard part is we are both 13. We never had sex yet-well together. And she would not be a good mom. I know this for a fact. She has led a terrible childhood/life so far. And I fear for the baby. I feel like it is up to me for the baby's help. She is 3 months pregnant and is vaping. I am scared for the baby. What do I do?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: My girlfriend is Pregnant. What do I do?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi avavanbu,

This sounds like a tricky, painful situation for both of you and I'm sorry you're dealing with it. Have you two talked at all about how this happened? Do you know she cheated on you because she told you she did, or are you guessing? Because, unfortunately, there is another possibility, which is that there was some sort of assault or coercion involved which resulted in pregnancy, and if that's the case she may be in need of a lot of support from you and from professionals who can help her out.

I know that it might feel right now you're the only one in a position to help the baby, but the truth is there are likely other people who can support her (not to mention that's an awful lot of responsibility to put on yourself). Too, ultimately it's up to her what she chooses to do with the pregnancy. Has she told anyone in her life about it besides you? Are there adults who are offering her support of some kind? And are you also taking time to get some support for yourself?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic