Personal problem

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Mena3230
Primary language: English
Pronouns: I dont mind

Personal problem

Unread post by Mena3230 »

Dear scarleteen,
This is the first time i talk with a stranger about my problems. I feel a little weird talking about my personal life with someone i dont know but it might be good for me so i can learn one or two more things about my problem. So last week on friday, October 19th, me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex but the promlem is he always has pre-cum but he didnt finish inside me and the following week i had to get my period, October 24th. Its been almost 6 days since i didnt get my period and i dont know what to do. People keep telling me to either start the pill or get a pregnancy test but i dont know if i should get one or not. Hopefully you can help me because the first couple of days when i started seeing that i wasnt getting my period i didnt worry because my period has been late before for 3 days. But this time its double the days and i dont know if i should consider getting a pregnancy test or not. So this is why im writing you this message so hopefully someone can help me and that knows something more than me. Thank you for listening and i hope you will write to me very soon.
Sincerely mena.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Personal problem

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there, mena. Welcome to the boards. :)

Since you have concerns about a possible pregnancy -- and you did engage in intercourse, so we know there's been a risk of pregnancy -- and your period is clearly late, then by all means,a pregnancy test is the right next move. It's the right time to take one, and it's the only thing that can provide an answer about if someone is pregnant or not.

I'm not clear if your friends are telling you to start taking a birth control pill or a pill for medical abortion. If they mean birth control pills, if that is a birth control method you want to start or are waiting to start, then you can for sure start that. But you also have other options with contraception if that's not a method you want, and you should ideally use condoms -- additionally or by themselves -- no matter what with a sexual partner, especially if your sexual relationship is new, to reduce your risk of infections.

If they mean the pill for a medication abortion, you won't want to do that unless you do first determine you're pregnant, so would want to test first no matter what. Both the expense of a medication abortion and the process it puts your body through aren't likely something you want to do without being sure you need to do that in the first place.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic