Hi, I have a concern... I recently got a vibrating dildo

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Alice100005
Awesomeness Quotient: I have a cute nose
Primary language: English
Pronouns: I don't mind
Sexual identity: Bi sexual

Hi, I have a concern... I recently got a vibrating dildo

Unread post by Alice100005 »

I have a problem and I have no idea what it is or why. I recently used it for the first time and I did bleed okay but now there's something hanging out of my vagina opening... It doesn't hurt but I'm concerned.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Hi, I have a concern... I recently got a vibrating dildo

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there, Alice. Welcome to the boards. :)

This isn't something we're likely to be able to help you identify clearly just because it sounds like something you really need someone to be able to look at, ideally a healthcare provider.

Bleeding with use of a sex toy -- bleeding from sex most of the time, period, tbh -- isn't actually something that should be happening, and if it did, it's probably from some kind of injury. Maybe you had a hymen/corona formation, like a septate hymen, which resulted in tearing that tissue, and that's what's now hanging out. That's something that's pretty likely if you also didn't have a lot of pain, since that tissue doesn't itself have nerve endings, so it doesn't usually hurt if it tears. If it's that, there's nothing to do but just leave that tissue be and let it erode away further on its own, which it likely will. Alternately, you can ask a healthcare provider to look at it, and, if that's what it is, ask them to excise it, which they probably will be open to and which would likely be totally painless.

However, I can't say for sure it's that, so in the event anything DOES hurt, or you develop any other kinds of issues, or in the event you want a for-sure answer for this, you'll need to see a healthcare provider.

In the interim and future, you know to be sure to use lubricant with anything you insert into the vaginal opening, and NOT to press on if anything DOES hurt (or even just feels uncomfortable instead of good), correct?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic