Is my hymen intact?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Katieblake181
Pronouns: She

Is my hymen intact?

Unread post by Katieblake181 »

Please help
I masturbated rubbing my thighs hard against pillow, crossing legs putting pillow between my legs. I’m afraid hymen is broken. I uploaded photo (EDIT: photo removed per our guidelines) . Can you please have a look and tell is my hymen intact? It is very important
Thank you
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Is my hymen intact?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Katie,

So, the hymen (more accurately called the vaginal corona) is not really something that can be "broken." It's a flexible membrane that can stretch, not something brittle that can break. You can read all about why that is here: My Corona: The Anatomy Formerly Known as the Hymen & the Myths That Surround It
You mention that it's important that your hymen be "intact." Can I ask why that is?
Katieblake181
Pronouns: She

Unread post by Katieblake181 »

Hello
Thank you for reply
Yes it is important because my fiancée expects me to be virgin and bleed first intercourse

Is it possible to break hymen this way? By crossing legs, humping pillow? Everywhere it is written differently and I m very concerned
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

You're quiet welcome. As I said, and as that article explains, the hymen can't be broken, period, because it's a flexible membrane. Too, the idea that someone is supposed to bleed the first time they have vaginal sex is actually based on a lot of myths and misunderstandings about the body. Bleeding the first time you have vaginal sex can happen, if you're tense or under-lubricated and the hymen gets a small tear, but it's not the "natural" outcome that can prove you've never been sexually active. Part of the reason for that is that there is no physical way to tell if someone is a virgin or not, because virginity is an idea rather than physical state of being ( you can read more about that in these articles: Magical Cups & Bloody Brides: Virginity in Context , You Can't Test For Virginity ). Does that all make sense?

Would you feel comfortable showing your fiancee some of the information on this site so that he can also understand why you may not bleed the first time you two have vaginal sex?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic