Dry sex

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Notmyname
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I try
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Her

Dry sex

Unread post by Notmyname »

I have searched and searched the internet and have read everything I can find regarding dry sex... with at least one person wearing underwear and there being no penetration. Sites either say it is a possibility or absolutely no possibility. I have read where Scarleteen stands on this issue, but my question is... has there EVER been ONE case documented where a girl has gotten pregnant in this manner?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Dry sex

Unread post by Heather »

This isn't about where we "stand." It's about all the things that need to be going on -- and minimally, that's a way for there to be *direct* contact between someone's genitals and semen, which can't happen with something in between like fabric -- for pregnancy to be possible. That's not a matter of opinion, it's science. In the event you haven't read this piece, this piece explains, based on current reproductive science, how conception happens and all that is required for it to happen: Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide.

There is no study of if pregnancy happened from activities where it can't based on the most basic things we know about reproduction, so we can't discuss "documented cases" of pregnancies from things that don't cause pregnancy, because no one has bothered to study those things because people who engage in this work already know the answer and have fir a very, very long time. Make sense?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Notmyname
not a newbie

Yes ma’am thank you for answering
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

You're welcome. (And just for future reference, I'm not a fan of being called ma'am or other gendered titles like that. Heather works just fine, thanks. :))
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Notmyname
not a newbie

I am from the south.... it’s a term we use to be polite and show respect. Thank you Heather
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

I get it, it's just not a good fit for me as a person who doesn't like having gender assigned to me by other people, which terms like "ma'am" or "mister" do. But no worries! :D
Notmyname
not a newbie

Thanks Heather!
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

You're welcome. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic