S&M Questions

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
OhHeckDatGurl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make GoodWill clothes look sexy.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

S&M Questions

Unread post by OhHeckDatGurl »

Hey guys,

So, me and the boyfriend have been messing around with S&M type stuff, and I realized I really like the feeling of being dominated and being "used", as long as there's cuddling in the end, lol. Usually I'm good at doing my own research, but there's some stuff I couldn't seem to find online:

1) Is it okay to "beat" a woman's breasts? I don't want to do anything that would lead to bruises, but I do like the feeling of them in pain... would it lead to problems later in life?

2) Is there any risk in deepthroating a penis regularly? Like, could it do damage to my throat or anything? I've come out with it hurting mildly, but that feeling goes away after a glass of water. I also like the feeling of lying on my back and taking it all in, and gagging slightly... is any of this an issue?

Me and him are also really good with safewords, talking about what we want, and aftercare. On that note, is there anything else S&M related we ought to know more about? Thank you guys so much!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: S&M Questions

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi OhHeckDatGurl,

It sounds like you two are already taking good steps to make sure you're being as safe as possible when experimenting with this stuff, which is great!

In terms of impact play (which is what things like hitting body parts are considered), the general safety consensus is that contact on the breast area has to be light if it happens. But, another thing to factor into that calculation is that the areas above and below your breasts are really not safe to hit, so a partner needs to be very, very careful (which, in theory, they should be doing anyway). The risks are less about long-term damage and more about immediate damage like bruising or hitting things (nerves, internal body parts, bones) that aren't safe to hit. So if you like stimulation in that area, you and he may want to talk about ways to create pain in that area that don't involve the risks associated with impact.

With deep throating, it's unlikely that there'd be long-term injury unless something went really wrong. To avoid injury in general, you'd want to pay attention to your whether you can breath (and establish a safe signal, like tapping a body part, you can use immediately if you can't breath) and if there is pain. If you're noticing recurring pain or intense pain whenever you do it, that's a sign you need to switch how you approach it (and to take a break from the activity for awhile to let your throat recover). Does that help with those two questions?
OhHeckDatGurl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make GoodWill clothes look sexy.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: S&M Questions

Unread post by OhHeckDatGurl »

Yes, it does, thank you so much! I appreciate it. :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic