I'm Confused Angry Frustrated and Depressed

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
mskiara19
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm Good
Primary language: English And Spanish
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

I'm Confused Angry Frustrated and Depressed

Unread post by mskiara19 »

Hello, I'm Frustrated With my mom i'm 19 almost 20 In December, and i feel like she has taken a toll on
my life i cannot do anything with my boyfriend can't even answer phone calls from him on whatsapp because my mom threatens to take my phone away from me because the phone's light is too bright for her when she is trying to go to sleep :x My mom is unaware that we started sexting last month and i don't know whats gonna happen like if she'll kick me out of the house or not talk to me anymore i feel very sad about this,
please give me good advice i'm not rushing to have sex, she hates guys and can be very sexist towards them and i don't like that can someone give me good advice please he can barely speak english he mostly speaks Spanish and i can understand what he's saying can someone give me good advice? and i broke up with my ex a long time ago
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: I'm Confused Angry Frustrated and Depressed

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi mskiara,

I'm sorry to hear you're in this situation, it sounds really stressful. I will say that if you feel like you couldn't handle whatever consequences she'd impose if she found out you were sexting, that might be something to hold back on for a bit (that's not necessarily fair but your safety, including things like having a roof over your head, comes first). Does she have similar reactions, like threatening to take the phone away, when you get contact from other people, like friends? Or is it only your boyfriend she objects to you contacting?

Can you give me a little more detail on what kind of advice would be most helpful to you right now? For instance, are you looking for advice on how to stay connected to your boyfriend when your mom is working against you? Strategies for dealing with your mom's behavior? Something else?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic