How should I got about buying condoms?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Teenboy82718
not a newbie
Pronouns: He

How should I got about buying condoms?

Unread post by Teenboy82718 »

So I really want to go buy conforms and lube so I can experiment with anal. But idk how I could do that. During school lunch I can go out get them at a CVS maybe but I get scared of how the cashier will look at me because even though in 17 I look 15 and what If a class mate catches me. I’m not known in school as a kid with any kind of sex drive. I look very innocent and a lot of people don’t think I masturbate... what do you suggest I do?
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: How should I got about buying condoms?

Unread post by Mo »

Sometimes it can be helpful to remember that people working retail jobs see so many customers come by in the course of the day, every day they work, that most of them don't really take note of what anyone's buying past the time it takes to check them out. I know it can feel weird or awkward to buy condoms for the first time, but it's likely that whoever you buy them from won't think much of it, and will barely remember the tranaction once you've left the store.
As for classmates catching you, maybe making sure you have a plan bag to carry your items in as soon as you buy them, so they aren't conspicuous, would be helpful. I don't know that there's much you can do if you run into someone you know at the drugstore with a box of condoms in your hand, but hopefully they wouldn't give you a hard time about it. Also, if there are times other than during the school day that you could get to a drugstore, that might make it less likely that you'd run into someone you know.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic