Still Heartbroken 1 year after breakup

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
J0V9
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/him
Sexual identity: Straight

Still Heartbroken 1 year after breakup

Unread post by J0V9 »

Hey,

I had what I thought was a really good relationship with my ex, and then abruptly she broke up with me. She was so kind, sweet, funny, caring etc. Everything you'd want in a person, I loved that she cared so much about the people she volunteered with and the stories that she used to tell. She had such a great sense of humor and was so smart, strong, and independent.... and now... 13 months later, I still feel like the break up was yesterday, my heart hurts and I feel as if I can't move on an never will be able to move on. Is there anything I can do about this? Or will I be stuck feeling heartbroken and wanting her back forever....

Signed,
J0V9
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Still Heartbroken 1 year after breakup

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi JOV9,

I'm sorry the break-up feels so raw and fresh. It can be really hard to lose someone you felt a lot of love and attachment to, and everyone heals from break-ups at their own rate. That being said, if it's been a year and you're still feeling the way you did right after the break-up, that does suggest there are some things you could try to help soothe those feelings and start moving forward. Taking a look at this article, do you see any suggestions that feel doable to you? Any that you've already tried? Getting Through a Breakup Without Actually Breaking

Also, can you give me a sense of other parts of your life where you could direct the energy that was once part of your relationship with your ex? Those could be other friendships, hobbies, work, etc.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic