My uterus hurts after sex

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
audreylinen
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I can write
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: straight

My uterus hurts after sex

Unread post by audreylinen »

Me and my boyfriend had sex yesterday, towards the very end my uterus started hurting but I thought it’d go away so we continued. After that, it started cramping up, felt a bit more painful than usual period cramps. So I went home to sleep, and it was ok when I woke up today. However when I stood up, the pain returned and now it’s radiating to my butt and making my stomach uncomfortable, it’s terrible I can’t even walk and it’s so painful. What should I do?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: My uterus hurts after sex

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi audreylinen,

We can't say for certain what's causing the pain, but since it's getting worse and spreading rather than going away a little while after intercourse, it may be time to check in with a healthcare provider. Do you know how to access that kind of resource?

In the future, if something is painful during sex it's okay (and, really, advisable) to stop and take a break rather than trying to just push through the pain. Pain is your body's way of telling you something is up, and paying attention to those messages helps you avoid further discomfort. Too, do you feel like if you asked to stop during sex your partner would respect that request?
audreylinen
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I can write
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: straight

Unread post by audreylinen »

Hello, it got better after a while, thank you for responding. I think it might have been because I wasn’t turned on enough that my cervix didn’t raise (read this somewhere), so that’s why it was getting bruised.
Definitely will keep that advice in mind, and yes, I think my partner would respect it!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

I'm glad to hear you feel like you can ask your partner to stop if there's pain, and that the discomfort you were experiencing has gotten better. It is possible to bruise the cervix, and things like the position you're in or the size of the object being inserted into the vaginal canal can make that more likely to occur. Do you feel like starting vaginal intercourse when you're not all the way aroused is something that happens often for you?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic