Birth Control Implant effective?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Shannon9
Pronouns: She

Birth Control Implant effective?

Unread post by Shannon9 »

Hi there!

I got the implant done on the 5th of July. Was told to wait 7 days or use extra protection however on the 7th day we didn’t! Would I have been protected by then?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Birth Control Implant effective?

Unread post by Heather »

Probably, but not absolutely, obviously. No one could possibly say, and the only way to find out is to wait and see, I’m afraid. You probably know this already, but in the future, you really don’t want to mess around with this kind of medical advice.

What you can do now is either go and get a round of emergency contraception and use it, call your healthcare provider and see what they say, or take your chances.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Shannon9
Pronouns: She

Unread post by Shannon9 »

I forgot to mention. I was on the last day of my period too when I had it done.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

That's really not relevant here. The information I gave you is still...well, the information, and the set of choices you have to work with.

(I just want to make sure: was having sex like this something you wanted and freely consented to do? If it wasn't, that's something we can talk about if you like.)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic