severe anxiety/worry

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
emilykimhoran
Awesomeness Quotient: I have a 4.143 GPA.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

severe anxiety/worry

Unread post by emilykimhoran »

I've been having extreme and constant anxiety as of late. I recently slept with someone, and I severely regret doing so. It has since burdened me with guilt and a general decrease in self-confidence. I know you don't respond to pregnancy scares, but the following information is simply for context: I take a hormonal birth control pill with perfect use and withdrawal method was used, but I still fear pregnancy (which I believe is related to the fact that I feel guilty for sleeping with this guy) despite knowing I am not pregnant. The sex was consensual... I was just lacking in self-control; I feel guilty. I feel worthless. I wish I could change what happened. I lost someone very important to me due to my reckless behavior, and I have no way to get them back- which is another thing giving me anxiety/depression(?). I don't know what to call it.
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: severe anxiety/worry

Unread post by Siân »

hi emilykimhoran

I'm sorry that this has you feeling so bad. Can you tell me a bit more about where that feeling of guilt and low-self worth are coming from? Like, what part of it do you feel guilty about? Sometimes our culture is full of ideas about sex that make us feel bad when we don't live up to them, but if everyone was doing something they wanted to do then I don't see that you did anything wrong or bad to feel ashamed of, you know?

From the sounds of your post, it might be worth seeing a mental health professional like a councillor to help you work through the depression/anxiety feelings. Is that something you have access to where you are?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic