Should I worry? Missed pill

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
belosnezhka
not a newbie
Primary language: portuguese

Should I worry? Missed pill

Unread post by belosnezhka »

I should take pills until Saturday, but on Friday I saw the pill alarm on my phone and took the pill really late (midnight, I always take It at 7 o'clock). In the Saturday I was supposed to take the last pill of the pack but I went to take It a little later and there was no pill left. I don't remember If I had already taken Saturday's pill and Just didn't check It on my app, ir If I took two pills the day before and left none to be taken on Saturday. Had sex Yesterday without condom but he pulled out when started getting too good. Is It better to take morning after pill?
Thanks
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Should I worry? Missed pill

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi belosnezhka,

The pill from Friday shouldn't be cause for concern, since you have a twelve-hour period before the pill is even considered late. With the Saturday pill, if you think you took it and just didn't mark it off, then emergency contraception isn't needed. But if you genuinely cannot remember if you took any pill on Saturday, then the pill may have been missed. In that case, if you'd feel more comfortable using EC, that's a choice you can make.

Since it sounds like you do not wish to become pregnant and had some concerns about your pill, can I ask why you and your partner chose to not use a condom? Too, since you had unprotected sex, are you and he up to date on your STI tests?

It sounds like you've had some issues using the pill. Do you feel like it's a method that works well with your life and your needs? Or do you think another birth control method might be a better fit?
belosnezhka
not a newbie

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I feel this method is the best for me, I've been using it for years and only like two PR three times. If I could afford now I could think of maybe IUD.

I want to stress that I didn't really miss a pill, I took ALL the pills from the pack. I dont know if I made myself clear. In case I accidentally took the Saturday pill on Friday , does it mean I was unprotected Just like I would If I had missed the last pill?
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Got it. If you're interested in learning more about the IUD as an option and figuring out how to access it, that's something we can help out with.

If you took two pills on one day, the recommendation is to continue taking your pack as normal: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contracep ... -accident/ . Since no pill was missed, this was unlikely to seriously decrease the effectiveness of the pill. When you say it was the last pill, do you mean the last active pill, or the last sugar pill?

To be extra safe, it would be sound to back up this method with condoms. Is that something you feel comfortable asking your partner to do?
belosnezhka
not a newbie

It was the last active pill. Because It was the last one, I'm confused.
We almost always use condom even with the pills. But sometimes we start without It then finish wearing a condom. But I know pregnancy can happen before ejaculation occurs, we Just do It sometimes because I'm on bc. But we can always go back to using condoms every time like we user to.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Since no active pills were missed, and instead one was taken early, it sounds like EC is not needed. But, if it would make you feel more secure to take it, that is an option available to you. And yes, backing up with condoms for the whole time you're having sex is a sound choice. Are you two up to date on your STI tests?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic