Weird thing happening with my vagina?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Gallaharie
Pronouns: he/him

Weird thing happening with my vagina?

Unread post by Gallaharie »

Hi, I'm a 17yr old girl, so I have never really pain much attention to my vagina before but lately I've noticed some stuff and it honestly makes me a little uneasy. So where my vagina opening, you could say, is supposed to be, there's this patch of skin growing over and from that again is this small strip of skin(maybe about 1cm long) and there are these TWO different holes over and under this. To my knowledge, there's no gynecologist close to where I live and there's a two hour drive to the closest place.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Weird thing happening with my vagina?

Unread post by Heather »

I can’t say for sure, but it sounds to me like you may have what’s called a separate hymen, which is a common and perfectly okay variation.

The hymen gradually wears away over time, so it will probably change and erode, but if not, or while it isn’t, the hymen is also highly flexible tissue, so can usually easily and painlessly be adjusted, moved aside or just left for things like masturbation or sex with a partner.

You don’t have to see a GYN specifically if you would like to have a healthcare provider have a look to be sure there’s nothing wrong, btw. A general doctor or clinician could do that, too.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic