Doubt about changing Pill

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
anvea
Awesomeness Quotient: Im good listening to people
Primary language: English - spanish
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: heterosexual

Doubt about changing Pill

Unread post by anvea »

Hello! I've reading Scarleteen for a few months, now I have a doubt, I tried looking for a post about it but I did not find anything.

I've been taking combined oral contraceptives for about 8 months, I needed to change to another brand and I was not sure about how to start the new package.

I read the leaflet of my new pill (Marvelon) and it says "When changing from another combined hormonal conteaceptive you can start Marvelon 28 on the day after taking the last active tablet. Yo can also start later, but never later than the day following the tablet-free break of your present Pill (or the day after the last inactive tablet of your present Pill). If you follow these instructions, it is not necessary to use an additional contraceptive pill."

I read this and started Marvelon the first day of my period during the inactive tablets of my old brand (I finished the active tablets on thursday and started the new pill on sunday, when my period arrived), I was feeling pretty confident about this and I had sex six days after I started the new Pill, I used a condom, but I remember having a little genital contact around my butt area (not anus, like right before the back) before he put the condom on.

After that, talking to a friend she said that usually women take the new package right after the last active pill, etc etc. Went looking online and many sites recommend doing this, others say that it can be started at the first day of period, etc.

I wanted to know if I can trust the instructions of the package leaflet, and if I did the switch in the right way.

Thanks!
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: Doubt about changing Pill

Unread post by Siân »

Hi anvea,

I would always recommend trusting the instructions in the leaflet for your specific brand of pill, since they can vary between brands and the company making them knows best how they should be taken.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic