Bathroom issue

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
aj2234
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

Bathroom issue

Unread post by aj2234 »

Hi,

I know I probably don’t need to ask anything here, but I was a bit unnerved about a situation.

I went to a public bathroom and noticed something on the toilet paper. When I looked closer (without touching it), I found it was menstrual blood. I slid the toilet paper dispenser over to use a new roll, leaving the soiled paper.

I know I didn’t touch the blood, but for some reason I’m quite shaken by it, and just wanted confirmation if I was at risk of anything there.

I’m feeling pretty anxious right now and imagine thats making my perception of things.

Thank you.
Alice O
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm really good at taking naps.
Primary language: Engish
Sexual identity: hetero

Re: Bathroom issue

Unread post by Alice O »

Hi aj2234,

Sounds like you actually aren't needing an answer from us :) You said, "I know I probably don't need to ask anything here" and "I know I didn't touch the blood."

Just like you said, sounds like you were feeling really anxious after this experience and thought some outside confirmation might help the anxiety go down. But I'm going to encourage you to trust yourself on this one--it's good practice to trust your gut!

Sorry to hear about the discomfort and fear this situation brought you. Hope you can take some time to do relaxing, grounding, and/or distracting things.
aj2234
not a newbie

Unread post by aj2234 »

Thanks Alice. I appreciate that.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

aj2234, I've noticed that a theme in a lot of your posts you've brought up yourself before -- a lot of constant and high-level anxiety and worry about illness -- continues. In the past, I know you had some discussion here about potentially talking about that with a mental healthcare provider. Is that something you've been able to do yet? If not, is that something we can help or support you in doing?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
aj2234
not a newbie

Unread post by aj2234 »

Hi Heather, I actually had my first appointment with a psychologist last week and have another appointment next week. It’s been going well so far and we’re working on using meditation to help me avoid or break out of really anxious spirals.
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Unread post by Siân »

I'm glad you've found a psychologist that seems to be working well for you! Recognising that this is something that you struggle with and taking steps to work on that is an important, brave thing to do.
aj2234
not a newbie

Unread post by aj2234 »

Thanks Sian! It was a bit difficult to accept a need to go back - I had previously tried a psychologist who I just really didn't gel with. It's really nice to find someone who I really think can benefit me and my health. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic